There are numerous advertisements on treatments for erectile dysfunction, but is there really a cure? Well, it depends. Erectile dysfunction comes as a result of different causes. Some of these causes are curable, while others are not. But in general, the symptoms of ED can be managed with treatments and medications to improve the condition.
There are also causes of ED that can easily be reversed—for example, taking a medication that has erectile dysfunction as a side effect. You can just stop taking the medication or replace it with another one.
What are the main causes of ED?
Men suffer from ED for different reasons. While some causes can easily be rectified, others remain incurable, leaving the option of managing the symptoms. Here are some of the leading causes of erectile dysfunction.
• Issues with the nerves: Any problems with the nerves in the body can easily interrupt the message between the brain and the penis leading to ED.
• Chronic kidney illness: Research shows that people suffering from chronic kidney disease are more likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction.
• Prostate surgery and radiotherapy: Surgery or radiotherapy around the pelvic area may damage the nerves or interfere with blood flow to and from the penis leading to ED.
• Any problem with the penis: Issues with the penis itself like curvature, penile fracture, or tissue scarring may affect the ability to become erect.
• Recreational drugs: The use of some recreational drugs may affect the ability to get an erection. Drugs like heroin, cocaine, or even alcohol are thought to help with arousal, but the truth is they may negatively affect your sex life instead.
• Hormone imbalances: High prolactin, abnormal cortisol levels, low testosterone, and abnormal thyroid hormone levels may all cause erectile dysfunction.
• High cholesterol: High cholesterol levels in the blood can interfere with your ability to achieve an erection.
Other causes of ED include obesity, emotional or psychological causes, medication side effects, and obstructive sleep apnea.
ED can be treated depending on the causes. If you are suffering from erectile dysfunction as a side effect of a medication, consult your doctor to have a replacement. Causes like recreational drugs can easily be rectified by avoiding the causes.
For emotional and psychological causes, you can go for counseling and maintain a positive vibe to reverse the condition. When it comes to cholesterol, the only way is to limit cholesterol in the body. Engage in workouts and exercises to prevent ED as a result of obesity.
Not all causes can easily be managed. Some causes like issues with the nerve, hormonal imbalance, prostate surgery, and chronic kidney illness will require serious medication. The best way to handle erectile dysfunction is to visit a qualified doctor who will help identify the cause of your condition so it can be easy to rectify it both naturally and with medication.
Sildenafil, the generic version of Viagra, is by far the cheapest medication used to treat ED. However, as much as it is a possible treatment, it is always important to seek a medical opinion first before using the drug.
You can also manage the symptoms of erectile dysfunction by living positively. Regular exercise, leading a healthy lifestyle, and eating healthy are simple and natural ways to deal with the condition.
Even with treatment, including a healthy lifestyle in your treatment will help greatly. You might be surprised by the results when the treatment works quickly and effectively once you include a healthy lifestyle in your treatment plan.
So, is erectile dysfunction curable? Well, that will depend on what really causes the dysfunction. Some causes are temporary and easily manageable, while others are permanent, and the condition can only be managed but not cured.
The best thing is to avoid causes like drugs that may cause dysfunction and maintaining a positive lifestyle while taking medication for more permanent causes.