In November of 2019, the Walt Disney Company unveiled its very own streaming service — Disney+. Suddenly, everyone was talking about the new shows and movies that premiered on it. But I was thrilled to rewatch all my childhood favorites — even the ones I had forgotten about. Months have passed, but I’m still speaking almost exclusively in Disney movie quotes!
I know what you’re thinking: why was I spending my time reviewing old Disney cartoons and movies instead of watching the newest Marvel and Star Wars shows? But what can I say? There’s something so comforting about diving into these simple, familiar narratives!
Sadly, not everyone has the time and patience to go on such a long stroll down memory lane. Still, you can get a similar thrill by simply reading through some of the most memorable lines from Disney movies!
47 Nostalgic and Heartwarming Disney Movie Quotes
Romantic Disney Movie Quotes About the Deepest Kind of Love
1. “Love is an open door.” — Anna and Hans, Frozen
2. “My love is not fragile.” — Kristoff, Frozen II
3. “Can you feel the love tonight?
You needn’t look too far,
Stealing through the night’s uncertainties,
Love is where they are.” — The Lion King
4. “All at once everything looks different, now that I see you.” — Rapunzel, Tangled
5. “My dream wouldn’t be complete without you in it.” — Tiana, The Princess and the Frog
6. “I’d rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.” — John Smith, Pocahontas
7. “People always do crazy things when they’re in love.” — Meg, Hercules
8. “So this is love. So this is what makes life divine.” — Cinderella
9. “Tale as old as time, tune as old as song.
Bittersweet and strange, finding you can change,
Learning you were wrong.” — Mrs. Potts, Beauty and the Beast
10. “Love is putting someone else’s needs before yours.” — Olaf, Frozen
11. “How do you spell love?”
“You don’t spell love. You feel it.” — Piglet and Pooh, Winnie the Pooh
Heartwarming Disney Movie Quotes About Family and Friendship
12. “Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten.” — Stitch, Lilo & Stitch
13. “Because when I look at you, I can feel it. And I look at you and I’m home.” — Dory, Finding Nemo
14. “You and I are a team. Nothing is more important than our friendship.” — Mike, Monsters, Inc.
15. “You’ve got a friend in me.” — Toy Story
16. “Aw shucks, Pluto. I can’t be mad at ya!” — Mickey Mouse
17. “Good friends will help you until you’re unstuck.” — Pooh, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
18. “The most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” — Winnie The Pooh
19. “No matter what anybody says, you’ll always be a prince to me.” — Genie, Aladdin
20. “Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So, today is my new favorite day.” — Pooh, Winnie the Pooh
21. “Every minute spent in your company becomes the new best moment of my life.” — Rhino, Bolt
22. “When you’re the best of friends having so much fun together, you’re not even aware you’re such a funny pair.” — The Fox and the Hound
23. “I wouldn’t trade it for anything. No. Never. Your friendship is the best present ever.” — Tigger, Winnie the Pooh
Words to Live By: Disney Movie Quotes and Mantras
24. “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” — Rafiki, The Lion King
25. “If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead.” — Gusteau, Ratatouille
26. “Always let your conscience be your guide.” — Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio
27. “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.” — Thumper, Bambi
28. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” — Eeyore
29. “All it takes is faith and trust.” — Peter Pan
30. “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” — Cinderella
31. “There comes a day when you’re gonna look around and realize happiness is where you are.” — Chief Tui, Moana
32. “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh
33. “I am on my way, I can go the distance! I don’t care how far. Somehow I’ll be strong, I know. Every mile will be worth my while. I would go most anywhere to find where I belong.” — Hercules
34. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” — Piglet, Winnie the Pooh
35. “If you weren’t you, then we’d all be a bit less we.” — Piglet, Winnie the Pooh
36. “The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up.” — Timothy Mouse, Dumbo
37. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” — The Emperor, Mulan
More Inspirational Disney Movie Quotes About Taking Control of Your Life
38. “When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you’ve gotta do? Just keep swimming!” — Dory, Finding Nemo
39. “It’s up to you how far you’ll go. If you don’t try, you’ll never know.” — Merlin, The Sword in the Stone
40. “You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.” — Gusteau, Ratatouille
41. “Don’t just fly, soar.” — Dumbo
42. “Giving up is for rookies.” — Philoctetes, Hercules
43. “You don’t have time to be timid. You must be bold and daring.” — Lumiere, Beauty and the Beast
44. “Today is a good day to try.” — Quasimodo, the Hunchback of Notre Dame
45. “Life’s not a spectator sport. If watchin’ is all you’re gonna do, then you’re gonna watch your life go by without ya.” — Laverne, the Hunchback of Notre Dame
46. “I remember Daddy told me: ‘Fairytales can come true. But you’ve got to make them happen, it all depends on you!’” — Tiana, Princess and the Frog
47. “You control your destiny — you don’t need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solving your problems.” — Merida, Brave
It’s been more than eighty years since the release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and the beginning of the Golden Age of Disney animation. During those decades, the Walt Disney Company has been busy making movies that have forever changed all of our childhoods. These cartoons have taught us how to love our partners, friends, and family, but they’ve also shown us how to turn that love inward.
Now, whenever we need to be reminded of those hard-earned lessons, we turn to these movies. But if you don’t have time to watch the entire Disney filmography, these Disney movie quotes can bring you comfort until you find some!