Everyone is looking to be healthier and have a fit body. Thus, individuals look towards professionals for proper guidance, as no one can do it alone. It leads to a myriad of gyms, yoga studios, and wellness centers starting up. If you are a fitness trainer, professional, or enthusiast and want to impart your knowledge of the human body to others, this is the right time.
However, having a studio or gym is not enough these days. You have to sell your work, and you can do this by becoming a fitness influencer. If you become a fitness influencer on social media, you will have many perks, like:
• Promoting your brand: As a fitness influencer, you promote your brand on social media platforms.
• Drive customers: People will look up to you as an influencer passionate about fitness and health. Thus, it will increase the number of customers who come to your gym to start their health journey.
• Earn money: As an influencer, you will earn more money by promoting a clothing line or equipment and more.
Tips to become a fitness influencer
Pick/choose a niche
Finding a niche is essential to establish yourself as an expert. Even as a fitness expert, you cannot know everything about every form of workout. Can you? Picking a niche aids you in projecting yourself as the best expert in a field, like yoga, weight lifting, or bodybuilding. Choosing a niche while providing consistent tips helps people trust you and your work. They know that for a particular problem, you are the best solution. It helps build credibility.
Try engaging with your followers.
Thousands of followers will do you no good if they never engage with your content. If there is no engagement, your posts will see no growth or reach other people. Thus, engaging with followers is essential. You can achieve this by interacting with your followers. How?
• By hosting Q&A sessions. Through Instagram, you can do this using stories.
• Ensure you respond to most comments on your posts, and like them.
• Try replying to their DMs
• If they tag you in any post or story, share it on your profile.
Anyone who communicates with you should get a reply. It does not have to be instant, but within a day is the best time to reply to the queries.
Reach out for collaboration with brands and influencers in your niche
After a certain amount of time, you should stop waiting for things to happen for you. That means once you have decent followers and high engagement on your posts, reach out. Find brands and fitness influencers in your niche and pitch them about collaborating. What shape does it take?
It can take many shapes, like:
• Doing a sponsored post for a men’s activewear brand. Here you can do a post or reel showing how comfortable their activewear is for doing strength training or lifting weights.
• Inviting another fitness influencer and interviewing them about their fitness journey. It exposes you to new followers.
• Or collaborating with other fitness influencers for a live workout session.
All these works. However, it may take time. Yet, never stop emailing brands, influencers, and others just because of a few rejections.
Work on developing a strategy
Becoming an influencer and making a difference while earning requires a strategy. You cannot just start a social media account and become an influencer. Having a concrete strategy is necessary. For instance,
• Maybe you record your classes and put them on YouTube.
• Or you curate workout programs and share them on YouTube. After this, you start with Instagram or Facebook. Or it can be the reverse.
However, developing an influencer marketing strategy is necessary for any of this to work. So, lastly, whatever strategy you decide, stay with it for a while.
Be consistent with your posts.
If you have decided to post on every alternative day, you should follow it up. Being consistent with social media is the key to success. If you are not consistent, you will lose followers and engagement.
Concluding, never become a fitness influencer if you do not have certification or training. Being a fitness influencer is different than being a beauty influencer. People will look up to you for correct knowledge. If you cannot provide that, you can do more harm. Use these tips to become a famous influencer.